How we do the driveway and patio laying
Every paving job is unique of its kind. There are a lot of things that can differ from project to project. That is why we always send a surveyor to your address. Upon arrival, he will take all measurements and discuss your ideas with you. After this process, we will be able to give you a quote and will proceed to perform the paving service. Here are a few key points of our work process:
- The first step is to clear and mark the area for the new patio or driveway. The clearance may include removal of old paving, removal of vegetation, soil excavation, etc.
- The area is then prepared for laying the base. The landscapers will level it and compact the soil to make it stiff.
- A layer of heavy duty anti-weed membrane will then be laid to prevent weeds from growing in between the slabs. We highly recommend this step as it will save you a lot of hassle from future maintenance
- A layer of MOT base is laid over the membrane and is well compacted to create an even surface.
- When the surface is all even and stiff, the paving slabs are laid. When they dry, the paving experts will wash them and prepare them for pointing. You will be able to enjoy your new patio area as soon as the pointing is over.