How it works
Top Class Grass Cutting Services Cost + Free Disposal of Green Waste
Fantastic Services knows that time is precious and therefore now sends 2 gardeners, instead of one, while keeping the service cost as hourly-based (and the same price). This way we make sure that we are doing the job for an optimal time, saving you money in the process. With that said, have a look at what will 5-star grass cutting services cost you:
|Summer prices |
valid from May till August
|Winter prices |
valid from September till April
valid all year round
Join the Fantastic Club and get:
- - Save over £400 a year with our preferential domestic cleaning rates.
- - Book all other 25+ Fantastic services with 10% OFF - from Gardening and Handyman to Pest control and Waste removal.
- - Get access to member-only slots and exclusive deals with up to 40% discount.
- - Cancel or reschedule your service for another day without paying a fee.
What does a complete lawn care service include?
Although, a service on its own, you could also benefit from what's included below if you go for a thorough maintenance of your garden, that is also part of our portfolio. You will get a regular cut of your turf, shaping and everything else that's needed for a well-kept garden. What a successful lawn care service includes is:
- Lawn Mowing & Trimming – Every blade of grass is kept in check to achieve that freshly cut look. To cut the lawn grass professionally special tools for edging, trimming and mowing are needed. There's also specific know-how (cut directions) and knowledge about grass growing habits. As established experts proficient in many garden-related jobs we have that knowledge. This allows us to, therefore, promise an outstanding service.
- Edging – The edges of the lawn are actually quite important and we can opt for several looks. This process is for aesthetics and helps a lawn look finished. It also prevents the lawn from invading your flowerbeds and other garden features.
- Top Dressing – The process of applying topsoil to the grass and improving soil conditions. It helps to support a lush lawn throughout the year.
- Spring Lawn Feeding – Fertilising the soil the right way is absolutely crucial for a healthy, strong grass. Starting the season by feeding your turf in Spring will improve the health, growth, colour and pest resistance of the grass. UK-produced lawn fertilisers are being used as well. Feeding is not done exclusively in Spring, however. The professionals will advise you if there's a need for that.
- No weeds allowed – Any unwanted growth will be dealt with accordingly. Appropriate grass care means removing all weeds that hinder your lawn's nutrient absorption abilities.
What do you get as a customer when you choose us to take care of your lawn?
- It's an hourly-based service but we send a team of two gardeners for greater efficiency, saving you time and money. We suggest that you take advantage of the present team and ask for our lawn care advice for further maintenance. The professionals will gladly help you.
- Our practice has shown that different lawns require different treatment. If it's not just a grass cutting service that you want with us, we'll prepare you a custom-tailored treatment plan based on the unique needs of your lawn. It can even start from zero with a full backyard clearance of any unwanted growth.
- Lawn mowing can be done regularly on request and we bring all the equipment needed. We also use modern mowers and no electricity is required on your part. If you happen to want a fresh turf to be laid, or have one installed recently, we can handle that as well and give you tips for its further maintenance.
Frequently asked questions
Q: How do I get a discount or some special deal?
A: We’ve thought about everything to make our clients happy. Just subscribe to our Fantastic Club and enjoy paying reduced rates every time you book a service for a year. You’ll be also able to cancel your appointment at the last minute free of charge.
Q: Who do I need to speak to if I have to reschedule my booking?
A: You can just create an account with us and make changes to your appointment whenever you need.
Q: Do you provide everything necessary for the service?
A: Yes, our professional lawn care services come with all required equipment and tools.
Q: Do you work when it rains?
A: Yes, the bad weather is never a problem for us.
Q: Can you come regularly?
A: Yes, just contact us and we can come up with a plan that suits you.
Q: Do I have to be there during the service?
A: We do key pick-up and delivery and we only need access to the green spaces themselves.
Q: What about parking?
A: Yes, we do need to park nearby your property because of all the equipment we bring.
Q: How much does lawn mowing cost?
A: Well, it all depends on the size of the lawn as well as on the procedures that need to take place. Once on site, the specialists will be able to give you an estimate.
Q: When should the last grass cut of the year take place in the UK?
A: The grass never stops growing, it only slows down, depending on the temperature. During the winter, a new leaf will appear every month or so. Depending on the weather, the last cut of the grass should be in late November or the beginning of December unless the ground is soft or frozen.
Q: What is the best time to cut the grass after winter ends?
A: When the temperatures rise above 5 degrees Celsius, the grass will increase its growth rate significantly. Monitor its height. Around 2.5 inches ( 6+ cm ) tall is the right height to mow after winter.
Q: Mowing REALLY long grass: Is there an issue for you?
A: No, it's not a problem. We will trim the grass with a grass trimmer first, and then level it with the mower.