Why get a wood decking?
Wood decking comes in two varieties – those made of softwood boards and those made of hardwood boards. The difference between the two is mainly in the tree material used, as well as in the post-installation maintenance. Hardwood decking requires more maintenance than its softwood equivalent. However, they both have similar advantages and your choice will mainly depend on your budget. Here are some of the advantages that a wooden decking offers:
- It can be easily repaired or sanded if scratched or damaged in another way;
- It is more budget-friendly than composite deckings, if you choose to work with softwood;
- It can last between 15 and 30 years, if maintained properly;
- It is completely environmentally friendly as it is produced from natural materials;
- It has natural feel and traditional look.