Our appliance cleaning service in four simple steps
Kitchen appliances we clean and how we clean them
- Fridge/Freezer - In order for us to deliver the best fridge cleaning service in London we can, the fridge and freezer need to be turned off, emptied of food, and defrosted at least two to three hours before our arrival. We will start the service, by removing all of the shelves, baskets, glass from the fridge and cleaning them. The body of the fridge will then be wiped inside and out, including the rubber seals, using powerful antibacterial detergents. Lastly, the fridge and freezer will be wiped with a dry cloth and all of the removable parts will be assembled back into the appliance and it will be turned on.
- Microwave - The microwave is cleaned inside and out using a degreasing detergent. If the plate is removable it is taken out and washed separately.
- Hob - Hobs are manually scrubbed, whether they be electric, ceramic or gas ones, using degreasing detergents. The removable parts are soaked into a dip tank filled with hot water and detergent, to loosen up the dirt bits, before they are well cleaned.
- Extractor - We remove all of the extractor’s filters and clean them separately using strong antibacterial detergents powerful enough to remove grease. All of the reachable parts on the inside and outside of the extractor are then wiped and the filters are put back into it. Just bear in mind that we do not clean extractor motors.
- Dishwasher- We start the service off, by removing the lower basket and rack of the dishwasher in order to gain access to its filter. The filter is then removed and put into a tank filled with strong antibacterial detergents. These same detergents are also used to wipe the inside, the door and the detergents tray of the dishwasher. Lastly, the filter fill is placed back into the dishwasher and the appliance will be run on a fast cycle, to make sure everything works fine.
Other white goods we clean
- Tumble dryer -For tumble dryers, we take out both the top filter which gathers all of the moisture and bottom one which collects dirt. We then clean the filters using powerful antibacterial detergents and put them back into their slots. Afterwards, all of the reachable surfaces of the dryer, both inside and outside are carefully cleaned.
- Washing machine - We start our washing machine cleaning service off by removing and cleaning the dispenser drawer of the appliance. Afterwards, we thoroughly wipe the cavity where the drawer fits. The rubber seal of the washing machine is then cleaned using antibacterial detergents and the door is meticulously wiped. We also remove the filter of the washer, thoroughly sanitize it and place it back into its slot. Lastly, the exterior of the machine is completely wiped down and the appliance is run on a short cycle to ensure that everything is working properly.
Why is professional appliance cleaning important
Every appliance has a life cycle which mainly depends on how often it is used, how energy efficient it is and its size. However, there are steps you can take in order to extend its life. Having your appliances cleaned on a regular basis is one of those steps which can prevent your white goods from breaking down.
- Fridges and freezers, for example, need to be cleaned regularly as they tend to accumulate food and sauce stains and easily begin to spread bacteria and nasty odours. The build-up of ice in the freezer on the other hand can interfere with the appliance’s energy efficiency.
- Washing machines have rubber seals which when left uncleaned begin to build up mould. This leads to bad odours coming from your appliance and can even affect your clean laundry’s pleasant smell. The filter is also something that should be cleaned regularly as it’s basically a magnet for hair, dirt, grime and anything else you can think of.
- Extractors need to be cleaned on a regular basis to prevent grease build-ups. Because if left unattended the grease can eventually cover up the filter and the body of the appliance and start to emit an unpleasant odour. In some cases, a dirty extractor can even become a fire hazard. To prevent this from happening the appliance needs to be taken apart, thoroughly cleaned and its filter replaced.
- Hobs should be cleaned regularly in order to be kept functioning for a longer period of time. Burnt food and grease build-ups can be an issue here, too, as they decrease the contact surface of the hob with utensils. Gas hobs on the other hand can in some rare cases go up in flames.
- Microwaves are appliances which often get greasy fumes and pieces of charred food stuck on their interiors. With time these stains begin to smell and can even spread bacteria onto the food you put in the microwave. An unclean microwave can also attract cockroaches and rats, which is not something anyone wants.
An easy way to avoid any of the aforementioned problems that arise when appliances are neglected is to book a professional cleaning service. Appliance cleaning specialists in London have all the know-how and the right detergents to make any white goods sparkle as if they were just bought yesterday. And remember, you can also add oven and BBQ cleaning to your appliance cleaning service and everything will be performed by the same technician.
Frequently asked questions
Q: How often should I have my fridge and freezer professionally cleaned?
A: We recommend that you use а professional fridge and freezer cleaning services at least twice a year.
Q: How long does your appliance cleaning service take?
A: The duration depends entirely on the appliance’s size and condition. After all, we always strive to be as thorough as possible in order to bring you the best possible results.
Q: Do you guys do after working hours appointments?
A: Yes, we do however those come with an extra charge. But, weekend appointments come with no additional fee.
Q: Will the cleaning specialist clean up after himself once he’s finished with the service?
A: Of course, we will leave no mess behind.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Fantastic Services remains fully operational during the November lockdown.