A range of outbuilding solutions from creative and experienced architects in London
- Fully accredited, qualified and experienced architects
- Bespoke garden outbuildings - from planning to construction
- Expert assistance with planning permission issues
- Complete coverage of London (up to 20 miles outside the M25 zone)
Make your outbuilding idea become a reality in 4 steps
Request a phone consultation online for a day that suits you (9 am - 5 pm appointments, available).
Share with us as much information about your project as possible and we’ll provide you with a quote that meets your budget.
The experienced team of architects and designers will send you the design and visualisations for your approval.
If necessary, you’ll be provided with all the documents for planning permission so that the construction can go ahead in due time.
How does the planning, execution and construction process of a bespoke outbuilding work with us?
- Once you discuss all the details with the architect during the phone consultation, you’ll be provided shortly with a personalised quote within your specified budget (the quote can include all stages, upon request, from the initial concept and design to the final project completion).
- The team of designers will be happy to work with any visuals you send. They will take into consideration the specifics of your property, the desired location of the outbuilding and its primary purpose (a potential change of purpose in the future can also be considered).
- The architect will then send you a 3D visualisation of your garden outbuilding project, regardless of whether it is permitted development or it needs planning permission and approval by your local authorities, first.
- With regards to the above, rest assured that the team of design experts will do everything that is required for you to get your planning permission documents filed in a timely manner.
- Last but not least, you can be assisted expertly with the building of your wooden garage, garden office, garden steam room or any other type of insulated outbuilding. The partner builders we work with have the experience and expertise to deliver the best possible results by using quality materials and applying their stellar craftsmanship.
What types of outbuildings we can help you design and build in London
There are numerous ways of maximising your garden potential, while at the same time improving your living space and increasing the value of your property. For instance, by constructing a bespoke outbuilding that has one or more purposes, you’ll surely enhance and expand your options with regards to incorporating your outdoors.
Fantastic Services can liaise with renowned designers and architects in London, in order to turn your garden outbuilding idea into reality. From planning and building a practical and uniquely-designed garden shed or wooden garage to designing a multi-functional cosy garden office room, we’ve got you covered.
Garden shed, greenhouse or plant room
A prefab, modular garden shed that you can easily buy has its uses, of course, but let's admit it - they are more or less limited to storing your tools and clutter, due to lack of proper insulation and sufficient space for other activities. On the other hand, custom-built garden sheds, made of quality materials, can be easily designed to serve as playrooms, workshops or just turned into a unique and cosy space to practice your creative hobby.
Or are you an avid plant lover in need of more room for your large selection of indoor house plants? Then, we can help you build a bespoke greenhouse or plant room if you don’t have the means and space for a conservatory, which should be an extension of your house.
Wooden garages that stand as outbuildings on properties are becoming more and more popular, too. Why? They immediately increase the value of homes and give extra space that is not necessarily dedicated to accommodating only one’s vehicle parking needs. You can have a hybrid-based design and incorporate both a spot to park your car and say, an area that can be used for storage or a workshop, for instance. Need a bespoke wooden garage? Just share your vision and leave the rest to the experienced architects we work with!
Insulated garden office
With the increased popularity of folks working from home, there’s nothing more convenient than building a customised outbuilding on your property that you can use as a comfortable and quiet workspace. You’ll get the best of both worlds with a small garden office that is fully insulated and designed to suit your needs. On one hand, you’ll be working from the comfort of your home and missing all the traffic, and costly and time-consuming commuting, and on the other, you won’t be taking up valuable indoor space to create a workstation as you’ll be doing your job outside of the house.
Do you want to keep fit minus all the travelling and queueing at your favourite gym? Then, consider having your own personalised outdoor garden gym building that is always open and at your disposal, whenever you feel like doing some exercise. You can enjoy a completely private, clean and custom-built garden room gym that accommodates only your favourite sports equipment. With the outbuilding expertise of the design team of architects in London we’ve partnered with, you can boost your property value, as well.
Outdoor steam room or sauna
Improve your quality of life by installing your own bespoke outdoor steam room or garden sauna. Bring that Spa vibe right where you live and invest in a uniquely designed sauna shed, where you can relax, relieve stress, detoxify your body and even invite friends for a fun cleansing experience. Just send us your visuals and ideas, and we’ll come up with a customised design of a garden sauna cabin that is practical, meets your budget, and yet looks aesthetically pleasing by fitting with its surroundings perfectly.
Outbuildings regulations - permitted development or planning permission?
When it comes to building a garden garage, legally, outdoor garden gym, small insulated office, sauna cabin or any other outbuilding on your property, there are two options. Depending on the size, height, purpose and some other factors, your project may need planning permission. The accredited and experienced architects we count on can do everything, regarding the approval of your planning permission application.
In other instances, your outbuilding construction may fall under the permitted development rights, which makes the whole project much easier to design and build.
We’ll only mention a few aspects here to keep in mind, which will give you a clearer picture of whether your outbuilding may require planning permission. You may not need the council’s approval, provided your outbuilding:
- Is not higher than 2,5 m if it’s located within 2 m of the curtilage boundary of the property;
- Is not intended to be on land forward of a wall forming the principal elevation;
- Is just one storey, without a balcony/veranda or raised platform, and is no higher than 4 overall;
- Does not cover more than half the land around the house;
- The property does not fall under any special regulations (ex: listed building, world heritage or natural beauty site, etc.).
Well, in any way, rest assured that with us, you’ll receive expert advice on all planning permission matters, regarding your outbuilding project.
Frequently asked questions
Q: So, can you help me with the building process of my garden room?
A: Absolutely. We count on the experience and expertise of partner building companies. So, you can enjoy an all-in-one outbuilding solution, from the planning and design stages to your project’s stellar execution, namely, the construction of your garden room.
Q: How do I know if my garden office needs planning permission?
A: That’s why you’ve got us. Just contact us with your query and we’ll set up a phone consultation with an experienced architect, who will be able to give you detailed information once they get familiar with your outbuilding project and ideas.
Q: How far can my outbuilding be from my garden wall?
A: Well, this will depend on your garden building’s size and possibly on other factors. As a general rule of thumb, if your shed is less than 15m² in size, it can be positioned around half a metre away from your wall. You’ll need a minimum of 1m distance between a boundary and your outbuilding if the latter is larger than the above-mentioned example.
Q: Can you help me with the design of my outbuilding, so it’s completely unique?
A: Absolutely. Even if you don’t have a vision of how your outbuilding should look, we can create and visualise the design of a unique-looking garden building, as well as complete the construction stage for you.
Q: What is your coverage?
A: We can assist folks, located in the entire area of Greater London, even up to 20 miles outside the M25 zone.
Q: What should I know about the building stage of my garden room?
A: When we get to this stage, you’ll be advised on everything that needs to be done on your part. For instance, you may have to clear the site of overgrown vegetation, level the ground and so on.
Q: Can I use my outbuilding in the winter?
A: Of course. It will all depend on what type of outbuilding you want to build, though, and its primary purpose, be it a cosy, all-year-round sauna shed, swimming pool room, an insulated garden office, or a simple wooden garage, in which you only park your car.
Q: Can I have a multi-purpose outbuilding?
A: Yes, depending on its size and intended purposes, however, you may require planning permission, first.
We can do much more
Book a consultation with an architect in London to assist you expertly with your outbuilding project!
Skip the line, request and
book a service online