Get all your rubbish disposed of at once in 4 easy steps
How much does it cost to hire a skip in London?
|6 cu. yd.||8 cu. yd.||12 cu. yd.|
|from £ 279||from £299||from £372|
What skip size should you hire?
Hiring a skip is a convenient way of getting large quantities of garden, domestic, and commercial waste disposed all at once. This, for example, may be necessary after a big landscaping project or a home or office renovation work.
To ensure that your waste is transported in one trip we offer several options, such as:
- 6 cubic yards skip: heavily used in construction work, these skips can hold up to approximately 6 tonnes of waste (60 bin bags or 19 wheelie bins);
- 8 cubic yards skip: this skip is perfect for clearing your property after a loft conversion or a similar project as it can hold up to 8 tonnes of junk (80 bin bags or 25 wheelie bins);
- 12 cubic yards skip: holding up to 12 tonnes of light bulky waste, this skip variety is an invaluable ally to anyone performing major office or house clearance work.
Important: You are lawfully obligated to place adequate warning lights and signs on any containers that are placed on streets and other high traffic locations. In such instances, you will also need an official permit from your council, which we can help you obtain upon request.
What can you put inside the skip?
You CAN put:
- Construction debris (rubble, broken bricks, etc.);
- Items made of paper and cardboard;
- Metal and wood materials;
- Tyres and mattresses (extra fee applies);
- CRT TVs, flat screens and monitors (extra fee applies);
- Plasterboard - only if it is placed on top or on the bottom of the skip;
- Other types of waste.
- Asbestos, solvents, paint tints, automotive fluids and glass;
- Clinical and medical waste;
- Food, liquids, batteries and other perishables;
- Kitchen appliances of any kind;
- Fluorescent light tubes;
- Aerosols and gas canisters;
- Large tree trunks and Japanese knotweed.
You CAN'T put
Note: You are legally responsible for the contents that you put inside the skip. If you are sharing a skip with a neighbour, ensure that their waste meets all safety requirements as well.
Frequently asked questions
Q: How long can I keep the skip in place?
A: The default skip hire time offered by Fantastic Services is 14 days, but it can be extended if needed. Please consider your permit period if you intend to place the skip on public land.
Q: How much waste can I place inside the skip?
A: The waste shouldn’t go any higher than the skip’s uppermost rim. If you fill the skip above this point, then it will be considered as overfilled and will no longer be safe for transportation.
Q: What happens if I overload the skip?
A: When you rent a skip, you need to be careful not to exceed the waste limitations both in terms of weight and volume. Overfilled skips are subjected to a wasted journey charge and drivers will generally avoid transporting them since they risk damaging the lorry.
Q: Will your vehicle be able to access my area?
A: No restrictions on vehicle weight and size should apply in your area. However, some places may prohibit entry of vehicles that weigh over 7.5 tonnes or that are too wide. This means that instead of hiring a skip online, you will need to book a waste removal service with a van.
Q: What happens after you collect my rubbish?
A: As a reputable skip company, we focus on rubbish disposal methods that are both efficient and sustainable. Your waste will be processed at an authorised treatment facility according to all UK and EU legislation.
Q: Do you offer same-day availability?
A: We only offer next-day availability for any day but Sunday. The earliest at which a skip can be delivered to your address is from 8am, up until 4pm. On Saturdays, you can have your skip delivered at any time between 8am and 12pm.
Q: Do you offer wait and load services?
A: Yes, we do! Please contact us to get further information and to schedule a service.